Saturday, July 18, 2009

Making a T-shirt Quilt

I decided to finally take my pile of t-shirts and sweatshirts from college and make them into the quilt I have always wanted to. This is a super economical project :)

I started by going to my local home improvement store and having plexi glass cut into squares that would make it easier to cute out my squares for my quilt. I decided to go with 12x12 and 6x6 squares.
They were able to cut the glass from scrapes so it only cost $1 for the plexi glass!
The 12x12 square would be for the backs of the t-shirts and the 6x6 would be for the area on the front.


I then cut my t-shirts into two pieces
Laid out the shirt onto my cutting board and used a rolli cutter to cut around my plexi glass template. (I sat on a hard surface like my tile kitchen floor to cut)
I cut out 6x6 squares from the scrap t-shirt material to help add more color to my quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment